El Dorado High School Alumni Scholarship
Due: Deadline has passed
The El Dorado High School Alumni Association awards a scholarship to multiple graduates from the El Dorado Union High School District.
There are multiple scholarships available.
- At least one four-year scholarship for a student who will be going directly into a four-year college/university after high school. This scholarship will grant $2,500 per year for four years of college.
- All other scholarships will be for students planning to attend either a community college, trade/vocational school, or college/university directly out of high school.
To be eligible for this scholarship the student must have a parent, step-parent, grandparent, or step-grandparent who graduated from El Dorado High School and who is also a current EDHS Alumni Association Member.
If your parent/step-parent, grandparent/step-grandparent would like to become an association member, they must complete an application by January 20, 2023. Applications can be found by clicking here.
- High School Requirement:
- El Dorado High School, Independence Continuation, Oak Ridge High School, Ponderosa High School, Union Mine High School, Pacific Crest Academy
- GPA Minimum:
- Ethnicity Requirement:
- Gender Requirement:
- Financial Needs Requirement:
- College Requirement:
- Applicant must plan to attend a 4-year university, community college, or trade/vocational school after graduation from EDHS.
- Career/Major Requirement:
- Other Requirements:
- Applicants must be a 4-yr HS student (unless full accreditation was earned in less than 4 yrs).
- Applicants must have at least one parent, step-parent, grandparent, or step-grandparent who is an EDHS Alumni (attended or graduated from EDHS) and is a current paid member of the EDHS Alumni Association.
- General Application - qty 1 Click here.
- Unofficial Transcript - qty 1 , Visit the College & Career Center to get an unofficial transcript
- Essay - qty 1 , Word Count: no more than 2 pages (typed), On a seperate sheet of paper, please write an essay that addresses the following: 1. What sets you apart form the others in your graduating class, 2. Have you taken any classes, participated in any Career Technology or ROP programs that are related to your future college or trade school goals/major?, and 3. Why do you think you should receive this scholarship?
- Other - qty 1 , On a separate sheet of paper, please provide the name(s) of the members of your family who attended El Dorado High School. Only list, parent(s), grandparent(s), or step-grandparent(s). Include the year they graduate from EDHS and if they are or were an EDHS Alumni member.
- Photo - qty 1 , Photo should be 3x5 or 4x6. Photo should be your senior portrait or another professional looking photo. No selfies, no group photos.
Please submit your application once through one of the options below:
To apply for this scholarship, please 'Favorite' it first.
Submit online: Click here